Monday, February 9, 2009

Catch up, Ketchup, Tomato Sauce

To sum it up, since the Superbowl, I've been been through my own illness, helping others with their own illnesses, two people cracked their ribs, there are sexual secrets going on in my pub, I might get kicked out of my living arrangements in the next week or two, a new job opportunity came up for me, I have no money, the biggest snow storm in the past 20 years hit London last Monday, and I finally realized how American I really am and there's really no escaping it. 

Like I said, Superbowl Sunday for me was wonderful! Everyone was really respectful of my little sports celebration and I got a couple people to really appreciate American sports more. I think Bruce Springsteen's camera crotch crash was the highlight however. Other's agreed. I was rooting for the Cardinals to be honest, even though I'm a Giants fan, which I guess I would root then for the Steelers, but I really can't stand Ben Roethlisberger, so I just decided to go for the underdog. To be honest, I like everyone else on the Steelers. Troy Polamalu's hair is an absolute masterpiece, and for that itself, I love him. But as for Roethlisberger, I mean, the dude looks like a block of cheese. Plus, his attitude is like a super no no! So, I rooted for the Cardinals... great game till they lost. Oh well, my Giants will still hold the memories of the ultimate and best Superbowl for years to come! I don't think Europeans understand the intensity in American sports as we do. I think it was a bit shocking for some of my mates to see me screaming at a television for a team I wouldn't really care for any other day of the week. But hey, it's the Superbowl. 

No comments: