Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm definitely not European!

Oh it wasn't that much, compared to something like Syracuse snow or the big New York Snow Storm of 1996, but it was enough to keep every single person from even trying to get to work Monday morning. It was ridiculous. I really found out how American, or New Yorker I am. Unlike Scottish dude who had to pass out on the coach that night because there was no transpertation means to get him back, I woke up panicking on trying to figure out how the hell to get to work! Scottish dude was like, "ah no biggie, guess we're not going to work! Pop open the beer!" I thought he was so lazy! How dare he not even try or care about getting to work! The funny thing... I was obviously the only one that cared! No one went to work! And everyone came to my pub. I wanted to run in the snow and make snow men and drink hot tea and do nothing, but I didnt. 
My manager finally contacted me and told me the other chef would pick up Scottish dude and myself... I had to work.

No comments: