Monday, December 29, 2008

50 Pence

British Word of the day- "Bollocks" is a word of Anglo-Saxon origin, meaning "testicles". The word is often used figuratively in British English, as a noun to mean "nonsense"

Someone is moving into the flat tomorrow. Yikes! I’m kind of excited, but I’m also kind of worried. I read in The London Paper about what the paper described as a 24 year old “thug” who blasted 50 Cent for 22 hours a day. He “terrorized neighbors with rowdy music, swearing and regular fights.” I’m worried. If this dude doesn’t have a place to live, how can I be sure he’s not going to be my new flat mate! I mean, to be honest, I don’t even mind the swearing or loud music… come on now, I’m from the Bronx, this is the stuff that puts me to sleep at night. The fights don’t even bother me, as long as it’s not with me. It’s the 22 hours of 50 Cent music that worries me. How can you even listen to 50 Cent for 2 hours, never mind 22 hours?! Does 50 Cent even have 22 hours worth of music? Ah man, the dude had 50 Cent on repeat for a whole day! No wonder the newspaper described him as “terrorizing.”




No, maybe I won’t get this lucky with wannabe 50 cent as my flatmate. Kelli, our landlord, said most of her tenants hardly speak any English. So maybe I will have an Italian 50 cent playing flatmate? Bollocks.

Despite doing absolutely nothing today, I was really excited... some dude came to fix our broken window and because he seemed like a nice lad, I asked "would you like me to make you some tea?" "Why yea, that would be great." Aw... I made a cultural connection.. how lame am I.

No comments: