Friday, December 12, 2008

Foreshadowing

I’m on the train and there is not only a dude with kilt skirt sitting directly across from me, but a poor begging woman sitting right next to me. Ugh she smells bad too... or is that me? No, it's definitely her!

Ugh, God forbid that's me on the tube in another month.
I usually don’t give money to the homeless; I assume they use their money for things other than food. Plus living in the Bronx, if I gave a dollar to every poor person I saw, I would be one of them. My mother told me in order to help the poor don’t become one! But now this guilt is telling me that if I don’t give this woman sitting next to me money, lets just say what goes around comes around…

I put this front on like I'm going to be okay.
I tell my friends “Hey guys, come on! It’s me! I’m going to be fine!”

Some of my friends are praying I find a nice boy guy out there…
One of them told me, “Make sure you pack your heels!”
I packed three.

Will I be able to eat?
Get manicures?
Buy beer?
Haircuts?
Join a softball league?
Am I doing this for more than just me?

I need to confess that I am scared.
Lets just say I don’t have a specific plan, but I have an order of doing things…
I fly out manana. Let’s see how this goes.

No comments: