Saturday, December 13, 2008

Second guessing

This morning was hard. With only two hours of sleep, Al and I forced ourselves out of bed out of fear that we wouldn’t be able to afford to stay in London much longer.

We walked to the Syracuse University London School hoping we would get some advice on where to find a cheap flat or for work. Although it was refreshing to go and visit my old school and see some old faces, I was put off by most of the staff’s attitudes about my lack of a visa. “I don’t think you’re going to find anything in this economy.” “How were you expecting to work without a visa?” “You’re going to have to get a visa before you even think about applying to any jobs out here” Yada Yada Yada blah blah shut your mouth!

I tried so hard not to cry in that building. Al even noticed a lost of faith in me. “Everything is going to be okay!” Ugh, easy for her to say! She has a visa. Linda, the main jefe of the University advised that I look immediately for a visa because it wouldn’t be fair if I had to leave Al on a flat contract that I couldn’t help pay for.

Al leaned over and whispered, “We can start looking for a job for you first.”

No comments: