Tuesday, December 30, 2008



I think I'm running out of options, or one would get that impression the way I've been on my grind to find work.

I called the UK immigration office today and they told me ALL of the slots to meet with someone concerning UK visas were full until Feb 4th 2009. (THIS IS OBVIOUSLY WAY TOO FAR AWAY! I will have no money by then)

So! Again, I went into panic mode and went back on the internet to look for off the book jobs.

I thought I had something good when I heard back from a pub that was hiring for a woman to work 15 hours a week for no pay, but would provide me with living quarters upstairs from the bar. Unfortunately, they didn't call me back for the position so I'm going to assume they picked someone else for the position... "D'OH"

I even walked into a bar called "Balls Brothers" to ask if they were hiring. Al figured it was worth a shot because the bar was underground and she said it would be easier to hide from people working here than other pubs... seriously though, BALLS BROTHERS?! who thought of this name?! I'm that desperate that i'm applying to bars called BALLS BROTHERS!

It gets worse...

I arrived home not too long ago after grabbing a late dinner, (I probably shouldn't be eating), and went back on the internet to continue my search for work when I stubble across an add posted for an English Teacher-

"I'm looking for an English teacher (native British, American or Australian), who's helping me to improve my English on my website http://www.thethemeparkguy.com. You would work with me at my place in Notting Hill, look over my shoulders while I'm writing and correct all my mistakes live. I need you to be skilled for the job as a teacher and boast of a charming, perfect English. I will prefer you if you worked as a journalist or creative writer before. Please send your CV, picture and hourly rate. You may start to impress me by sending me a corrected text fragment from the website."

Well, genuinely curious about this guy's website, I decided to take a peek, not realizing the absurdity that was to follow! (please click on the website! and make sure you click on the music he selected for North America as well as the other interesting music selections he presumes fit for each continent.)

Guess what I did after I fully went through his website... I APPLIED TO THE POSITION!!!!!

No comments: