Monday, December 29, 2008

Taking Blanket Donations

Dec 14th, 2oo8

I slept until 2pm today. I woke up with my sweats and my 60% wool pea coat over me. I don’t have a blanket or sheets or anything really. I woke up late and couldn’t make it to the stores to buy anything either. Al and I became really sick after taking a multi-vitamin on an empty stomach. Al actually threw up. I curled myself into a small ball until I felt I could walk to the store to buy a sandwich.

With this kind of start, I knew I wasn’t going to get a lot done, which is kind of unfortunate. I’m panicking- I work tomorrow. I can’t even understand people enough when they speak to me, what am I supposed to do when I take a drink order? My plan, just give everyone gin and tonic.
I just have a lot to do to settle in- like I have no sheets or blankets! Funny, I didn’t realize how the small things could make such a difference in how you operate. Maybe sheets and blankets aren’t that small of a thing, but it’s something I often take for granted.

I just can’t stop thinking, what if I actually bag this job?! First off, I will be working till 3 am some nights, which could be a killer. Secondly, I’m illegally working there, so who knows how that’s going to work out. I mean the manager dude didn’t seem to mind. No, I think I’m more excited about working tomorrow and scared to admit it because everything could actually be working out as planned. I knew I obviously couldn’t just come over to another country and land a job as a reporter or producer on a network television station off the bat (give me a month). But, I did expect to get a job.

So hopefully, if this whole job goes well tomorrow, I can punch everyone in the butt and be like, YO, YOU SEE!

No comments: