Monday, January 5, 2009

I wish I was Australian

Australians just get everything they want... 
They have their own country, their own continent, they can get a visa in a day and they make it on to cool websites like this one: COOL WEBSITE THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS BLOG

I am struggling people. This is not an easy task. Do not try this at home. 
I just threw away a great opportunity to stay in the country with this family. 
I turned it down, well I am tomorrow when I call the woman back. 
Basically, I called immigration today and they told me there is NO POSSIBLE way of getting a visa unless I went back to the US. The only way I can get a visa by not leaving is if I get sponsored. 

It's a catch 22. In order to get work here, I need a visa, and in order to get a visa here, I need to get work. Why do they make things so complicated. My mom says it's because of 9/11, but I feel like everyone uses that excuse. Couldn't they just say they don't like Americans? The French do it.

Oh, and about the people that moved into my flat! I don't where they went or if they shrunk since yesterday, but Al and I have no idea if they are even still living here! Last night I had a sneezing attack and I went upstairs to blow my nose and I think I woke them up in the process. When I went to lie down, I could hear them talking loudly and I thought, Hm, maybe they are trying to get back at me for waking me up by trying to keep me from falling back asleep... but that failed! Hello, I'm from the Bronx, noise is my lullaby! I don't know what their current status is, their light hasn't been on in a good 24 hrs. Unless they're mimes for fun, I haven't heard a peep from their room. 

Oh, and by the way... I LOVE 80's MUSIC!!!




Dont You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds

No comments: