Sunday, January 18, 2009

What would be better...

Honestly, I am happy. 
I've hit this point in my life. I feel amazing. I am making rubbish money. I am doing rubbish work. And I feel absolutely amazing. 
I'm working at a pub and living above another one. 
I now live with two Australians who drink way too much but are just so sweet and an English guy who is one of the funniest and most pleasant people to be around. He's kind of like this older brother to me. 
We watched Dexter tonight. He has all of season two on bootleg. Na, I'll call my English dude Peter. He's awesome. He recently went to Boston and now has all this stupid ugly Red Sox memorabilia. Knowing that I'm not cool with the whole Boston thing, I woke up this morning, to find a huge Red Sox towel hanging on his door. Now every time I leave my room, I see this American sign of stupidity and evilness hanging on my flatmate's door.

I really am just living an alternative life. It's amazing how different your life can be just across the pond, or anywhere for that matter. I mean, I feel the same, but I have just met the greatest people who are just making this whole journey a whole lot better and much more interesting. Take my two Chef's at the pub. One is from South Africa and the other is Scottish. Both young dudes. The South African is married and has a kid. He has a beautiful heart. I can tell he's not happy in London. He told me yesterday he's not and he's actually flying his wife and kid to New Zealand so they can set up a new life there. He'll be working at the pub for a while however, because he needs to save money. I can see the anguish in his eyes when he talks about it. I don't know how well he will be, living without his wife and kid for such a long period of time. 

The Scottish dude is awesome as well, but he drinks too much. It's funny I can understand him really. He has the roughest accent. Al didn't even understand him. I don't think many people do, but I do. I don't even understand British accents. He makes me the best meals at work. Which is great because I'm always hungry! I'm actually just thankful I can eat again! I have been full everyday this week! It's glorious, my stomach feels like I'm back home. 

Today I had a rough day at work. It was really busy and hardly any help. I felt my manager was a little rough on me, then again, I'm not sure I can take her seriously at this point, she's going through a rough breakup with her ex-boyfriend who she's been with for two and a half years. YIKES. She's going to Egypt next Tuesday for vacation. 

My Scottish homie chef made me feel better after work however, and told me to keep my chin up. 
I saw two foxes on my walk home from the bus. TWO! I was like.. wat the... ?! 

Things are good... I am happy. 

My internet is working now! More daily blogs to come! Cheers

No comments: