Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm friends with an ex-convict?!

We'll despite him being found not guilty, his named is ruined in Scotland and thus, he moved to London and is now my one of my best homies and chef at my pub. My Scottish homie chef and I had a heart to heart last night. I basically asked him why he came to London. He's been through a lot. I can tell he's been through a lot simply from all the scars all over his body, especially on his head. He always tells me, "you're such a breath of fresh air" "you're absolutely darling"- He explained to me, the people in Scotland he hung around did a lot of drugs and drank a lot and he came here to get away from all that. (Mind you, he's told me he's calmed down his drinking habits, but I think he's mad! He drinks sooo much and well, I've never really seen someone drink as much as he does.) Think of a Scottish Popeye without the "gugugug" laugh and a pint of beer as spinach. 
What's wild about the whole thing, I looked his name up and this dude's name is seriously ruined. There's articles about him for years. His face was plastered as a murder for over a year in Scotland. I even found an article about him in USA Today! Poor dude is a mess though. He was basically there when he watched another person kill a friend of his. It was a dispute over a woman and things got ugly one night. The woman smashed a bottle in the guy's face and killed him. My Scottish dude witnessed the whole thing. He watched someone die in front of him and spent a year in prison. He's only told two people his story since he's arrived here, the other chef he works with in the kitchen and myself. He went to see a psychiatrist today to talk about everything and to get help. Mentally, he's not been well. I can't even imagine. He has a good heart though and that's what matters. I told him about my situation out here... and he's been really understanding. He even tried to get Al a job at his sister's pub. He's a good dude. It's crazy the people you meet when you travel. Scottish dude wants to write a book about all the stuff he's been through. I told him I would help. Maybe it could be called Trainspotting 2.


No comments: